October 16, 2015

Penguin Crackers and Cake Pops

My son wanted a Penguin themed birthday party for his 4th birthday so I immediately went to Pinterest for inspiration.  I found this adorable idea for Penguin crackers made with cream cheese, black olives, and carrots.  They were actually really tasty.  My only advise if anyone decides to try it is to make these the day of the party.  I made them the day before and kept them in the fridge overnight which caused the crackers to be soft and almost soggy.  But they were still adorable!



The cake pops that I made were dipped in a white coating with blue sprinkles.  It's hard to see the details in the picture below because I forgot to take a picture of the cake pops by themselves.  I had a thank you note attached for the guests.  Since I made the cake pops and Penguin crackers, I decided to get a store bought cake and put his 4 little penguin toys on top.


We also had a Make A Penguin craft station set up for kids to make their own penguin.  I had actually bought these last Christmas and they came with Santa hats but we had so many left over that I was able to use them for the party.  They were super cute.


The birthday boy was very pleased with his Penguin party! We also gave out the penguin beach balls as party gifts.  




No comments:

Post a Comment