April 21, 2013

Quiet Book

I found this project months ago on Pinterest and was so impressed by so many creative bloggers. I had never sewn felt until this project. It did take awhile to complete this book since there are 12 pages and each piece of felt has been sewn together. I love that there are pages with Velcro, zippers, buttons, snaps, and magnets to keep my little one occupied for a long time. 

I did not create all of these pages on my own.  I wish I was that creative! I was so inspired by these three blogs and appreciate all of their step by step instructions.  I'm glad to have completed this project with the help and inspiration from those bloggers.  I printed the templates from this link. This blog is so awesome! She has so many awesome templates. I made a car page inspired by this link. I followed the directions from this link for the cover.


For the first page, I wanted to have my son learn how to recognize and spell his name. The letters are attached with Velcro. He can also see how many words he can spell with his name. I plan to make more letters and put them in the front pocket so he can spell more words.


The second page are three zippers. I sewed on a tongue and made eyes with a sharpie to make the zippers into snakes. For the third page, I used the dinosaur template from jocelynandjason.blogspot.co.uk. The spots and spikes can Velcro on and off the dinosaur.


The fourth page is a bucket to hold all of Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head's parts and accessories. Page five has the potato shape. Again this is from the template created by jocelynandjason.blogspot.co.uk.


The sixth page has a dog collar with a buckle. I found this dog shape on a baby card that I had received from a baby shower. It worked perfectly. I also added a small bowl for the dog bone and orange ball.  The stoplight page is on page seven.  It was really simple to make and the first time I made button holes.  The three circles are attached by buttons.


The eighth page is a barn with five finger puppets including a horse, pig, duck, chicken, and cow. The ninth page is an apple tree with five apples snapped on.  They can be stored in the basket too.  Both of these pages were from jocelynandjason.blogspot.co.uk.

 
The tenth and eleventh pages are the care pages. I still need to print out the street signs for this page which can be velcroed on.  The car is in the pocket on the left.  I got this page idea from serving-pink-lemonade.com.

 
The twelfth and last page is the shape page.  Each shape has a magnet on it and are stored in the back pocket.  The pages have two eyelets and are able to be removed from the book or rearranged.  I got the directions for the cover from thestillers.blogspot.ca.  





No comments:

Post a Comment